Occidental Grand Xcaret - All Inclusive Hotel, Riviera Maya, Mexico
Some of our accommodation is not included in this search.
Where hotels only show one room category please call for price details of additional rooms (+44 20 8446 8122).
Prices quoted include all taxes.
Tucked within an ecological and historical preserve, the all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret captivates guests with spectacular grounds, a pristine coastline and unparalleled service and amenities. Located less than an hour south of Cancun International Airport and 10 minutes from renowned Playa del Carmen, this glorious resort boasts winding river channels, free-form pools and a private beach with powder-soft white sand on a quiet cove. The Occidental Grand Xcaret features 11 international restaurants and 10 bars to fit every mood and occasion, from a romantic dinner to a lively family meal.
The Occidental Grand Xcaret offers each guest a greatly discounted day pass to the breathtaking natural wonder of the eco-archeological Xcaret Park. Located adjacent to the resort and within walking distance, travelers with a taste for eco-touring and adventure can explore the remains of a Mayan village, snorkel through ancient caves and underwater gardens, swim with dolphins, or observe jaguars, butterflies, tropical birds and other indigenous species in their natural habitat. Discounted tickets for Xcaret Park may be purchased at the resort's front desk.
An all-inclusive escape from the everyday begins at any of the Occidental Grand Xcaret's five inviting pool areas and its 10 public whirlpools. Plus, the resort features a man-made beach on a cove with crystal clear water and sparkling white sand - perfect for an afternoon playing with the kids or for floating your cares away.
Also included in the all-inclusive plan are sports and activities, such as archery, mini-golf, tennis, a gym, snorkeling, Kids Club as well as spa services such as sauna, steam room and whirlpool. Daily entertainment and activities programs for children and adults are also part of the package as well as nightly shows and entertainment.
* Unlimited meals, snacks & beverages
* Full open bar with premium brands
* 11 restaurants, 9 bars & 1 Disco with bar
* 5 swimming pools
* Beach Club
* Beach bar with butler service
* Chaise lounges & towel service at pool & beach areas
* Daily activities program by the pool & beach areas
* Nightly entertainment
* Fitness room
* Sports: 2 paddle & 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, mini-golf & archery
* Kids Club with supervised activities (ages 4-12)
* Taxes & gratuities
OPTIONAL FEATURES (not included in all-inclusive plan)
* Spa services (beauty salon, massages, treatments)
* Car and scooter rental
* Excursions to: Tulum, Xel Ha, Chichen Itza and nearby attractions
* Golf course nearby
* Business and meeting center
* Wedding and honeymoon programs
* 24 hour medical attention
* Laundry service
* Currency exchange
* Telephone calls
OPTIONAL PACKAGES (not included in all-inclusive plan)
Scuba diving (including certification & rentals); wedding & honeymoon packages
New Unlimited Xcaret Xperience Package:
Guests who book this package will receive the following:
· VIP Check-in with Mayan welcome
· In-room robes and slippers
· Daily complimentary stocked minibar
· Unlimited reservations at specialty restaurants during the whole stay (subject to availability, choice of 11 restaurants and 9 bars)
· 5 Pools, day and night time activities and entertainment program, kids club
· 30% off a 90-minute ‘Wayaka' Mayan massage
· $920 resort credit **
· Unlimited multi-entrance access to Xcaret Park
· Private eco-cultural tour guided by an Xcaret Park expert
· Complimentary access to the kids activity ‘Xiquitos Sonando' (Dreaming kids)
· Complimentary delivery of Xcaret Park store purchases to the guests hotel room
· Reserved seating at the Gran Tlachco theatre during the ‘Xcaret Mexico Espectacular'
· 10% off meals and beverages at Xcaret Park
The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret features 769 spacious guest rooms incorporating stylish Mexican décor with contemporary dark-wood furniture and cool, tiled floors. Deluxe Rooms and Junior Suites include 2 double beds or 1 king bed, a stocked mini-fridge, safety deposit box, hair dryer, cable TV, and telephone with data port. Each mini-fridge has water, beer and soft drinks that are replenished every other day.
* Air conditioning
* Private bath with tub (Royal Club only) or shower
* Hair dryer
* Stocked mini-fridge
* Cable TV
* Alarm clock
* Data port
* Safety deposit box
* Iron & ironing board
* Cribs & extra beds upon request
The all-inclusive Occidental Grand Xcaret's 11 restaurants (5 a la carte restaurants with reservation only and dress code for gentleman) offer a wide array of incredible dining experiences to please any palate. Try the resort's signature margaritas at one of the 10 bars scattered throughout the resort serving international brand liquors and a host of refreshing tropical concoctions.
Le Buffet is located at the center of the resort featuring gourmet International buffet-style dining for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Sonora Grill offers delicious a la carte steak house delights hot off the grill, buffet salad and dessert service for dinner only. Reminiscent of a seaside Mediterranean locale, Los Olivos is a relaxed spot serving up delectable a la carte Mediterranean & Italian cuisine for dinner only. La Hacienda is a festively decorated, colorful dinner house offering gourmet a la carte Mexican specialties for dinner only. D'Oriental features a stylish, Asian ambience masterfully created with red walls, a wooden ceiling, hanging paper lamps and a parasol that is befitting of the delightful Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Indian cuisine. El Pescador offers market-fresh a la carte seafood selections served in an open-air, beachside atmosphere. Reservations and resort wear are required at Sonora Grill, Los Olivos, La Hacienda, D'Oriental and El Pescador.
The Club de Playa, or Beach Club, offers an International buffet and for lighter fare in a casual setting, La Piazza serves up pizzas, paninis and baguettes for dinner service on the dining arcade's upper-level terrace. Guests will enjoy tacos and authentic Mexican appetizers at Paco's Tacos with a refreshing open-air terrace setting, dinner only. El Lago is conveniently situated by the main pool in the Flamenco lodging section and offers snacks and light meals throughout the day. Kids will enjoy the special kid's menu at the Kids Club buffet, as well. Exclusively for The Royal Club guests, The Royal Club Restaurant serves a selection international cuisine for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Bars & Entertainment
Quench your thirst at 10 bars and lounges on the grounds of The Occidental Grand Xcaret resort, serving exotic tropical cocktails and all your favorite beverages. Or, simply relax in your room, where VIP amenities include a stocked mini-fridge, cable TV and high speed Internet connections.
*In all a la carte restaurants, men are required to wear long pants. No beachwear or sandals.
Restaurants & Bars / Hours of Operation
11 Restaurants/10 Bars
Le Buffet/International buffet-style dining. Breakfast 7 - 11 am; Lunch 12 - 4 pm; Dinner 6 - 10 pm (Theme nights featured during dinner service).
Sonora Grill/A la carte Mexican Steakhouse. Dinner 6 - 10 pm. Reservations and resort wear required.
Los Olivos/A la carte Mediterranean and Italian restaurant. Dinner 6 - 10 pm. Reservations and resort wear required.
La Hacienda/A la carte authentic Mexican culinary specialties. Dinner 6 - 10 pm. Reservations and resort wear required.
D' Oriental/A la carte gourmet Asian restaurant. Dinner 6 - 10 pm. Reservations and resort wear required.
El Pescador/A la carte seafood delicacies. Dinner 6 - 10 pm. Reservations and resort wear required.
La Piazza/Pizzeria. Dinner 6 - 11pm. No reservations are required.
Paco's Tacos/Traditional casual Mexican fare. Dinner 6 pm - 2 am. No reservations are required.
El Lago/Snack Bar. Lunch 11:30 am - 6 pm.
Kids Club/Catering to the little guys. Lunch 12 - 3 pm.
The Royal Club Restaurant/A la carte dining. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner from 7 am - 10:30 pm. Open to The Royal Club guests only.
- Click to view and write reviews
- There are 2 review(s) for this property.
- Click to add to shortlist
- Click to view Shortlist
- Unlimited meals, snacks & beverages
- Full open bar with premium brands
- 11 restaurants, 9 bars & 1 Disco with bar
- 5 swimming pools
- Beach Club
- Beach bar with butler service
- Chaise lounges & towel service at pool & beach areas
- Daily activities program by the pool & beach areas
- Nightly entertainment
- Fitness room
- Sports: 2 paddle & 2 tennis courts, shuffleboard, mini-golf & archery
- Kids Club with supervised activities (ages 4-12)
- * Spa services (beauty salon, massages, treatments)
- * Car and scooter rental
- * Excursions to: Tulum, Xel Ha, Chichen Itza and nearby attractions
- * Golf course nearby
- * Business and meeting center
- * Wedding and honeymoon programs
- * 24 hour medical attention
- * Babysitting
- * Laundry service
- * These items are not included in the All Inclusive price
Had a great time in Occidental Xcaret, although very glad we upgraded to the Royal package. Weather terrific, and the ambience, and scenery round the resort was unbelievable... At the royal, they have huge cabanas like huge double beds in front of the sea - and they are easy to get hold of. Cocktails and frozen drinks beautifully made, and service impeccable... Room was great, and very spacious. Food choice was great, and we tried most of the restuarants. We had picked the spring break in canada so the resort was packed with children, but very few in the Royal part, so we had great quiet time.. Only criticism, was that the check in and check out was not very seamless... But we may just have picked the wrong time for that..... Anyway, main point is that we had a fabulous week, and excellent value.
Would recommend the Occidental Grand Xcaret had a great time did 7 nights fully inclusive lots of different restaurants, bars and pools, a different place to go to every day, lots of various animals running about which was amazing very clean and the rooms were also of very good standard. Had the week just over easter and the weather was fantastic, only criticism is no free wi fi (you can pay for it of course) and just be careful make sure you book your transport to and from the Airport in advance to book when you arrive at the airport is very expensive as we found out! Would definitely return!